Para la mejor vista de nuestra página web, use su dispositivo en forma horizontal.
Established in 1869 by Count Giovanni Querini, the last descendant of the Querini Stampalia family, the Foundation holds the entire heritage of this noble Venetian family. On the main floor, the Museum displays furniture, porcelain, sculptures and art objects that belong to the residence, including paintings by Giovanni Bellini, Tiepolo, Jacopo Palma il Giovane, Pietro Longhi.
The 16th-century Querini Stampalia Palace was restored by renowned architects in various phases: Carlo Scarpa, under Giuseppe Mazzariol's supervision, restored part of the ground floor between 1959 and 1963. Between the 1980s and the 1990s, Valeriano Pastor designed a connection system among the various buildings of the complex. In 1994, Mario Botta carried out a substantial renovation of the residence by reorganizing its rooms and services.
At the core of the Foundation's mission is the education and the development of individuals. It encourages the exchange of views, as well as cross-cultural meetings, and the spread of knowledge. It supports cultural productions through the study of its own historical and artistic heritage and is open to contemporary events, with an area dedicated to temporal exhibitions.
The Querini Stampalia Library on the first floor offers its users more than 350.000 ancient and modern books for study and research.
(Summarized from the institution's website)
Venecia: Objetos, labor y turismo. Exposición en la Fondazione Querini Stampalia. Curadora: Chiara Bertola. 6 mayo - 20 septiembre 2015, paralela a la 56a Bienal de Venecia.
Paisaje Interior. Muestra individual en la Fundación Querini Stampalia. Curadora: Chiara Bertola.