Für eine optimale Ansicht unserer Website drehen Sie Ihr Tablet bitte horizontal.
Initiated by the Cairo-based artist initiative Medrar for Contemporary Art in 2005, this festival continues its focus on providing a platform for sharing and discussing newly produced high concept / low budget experimental videos. Based on a call for works by emerging artists, the festival program takes the format of a concise series of video screening on accompanied by talks/discussions with active video-makers and curators to tackle some of key themes and issues presented in the works.
- Individuals, groups, curators or associations are invited to participate.
- The number of entries by one author is limited to three works only
- Documentary, feature or commercial videos will not be recognized for enrolment in the festival.
- Videos should be produced after January 2010, and no longer than 30 min of duration.
- Screening of the submitted videos should not have any specific recommended format of installation.
- The festival does not offer screening fees; neither requests any entry charges from the applicants
- A committee appointed by the organizers of the festival will do the selection of entries.
- Notification of the selection of a Video will be issued by 15 August 2012, by email only.
- The organizing crew has the right to use the participating data within all promotional means and publications, with reserved copyrights.
- Please fill the online application below medrar.org/call-5thcairovf/.
- All works submitted will be included in the festival’s video archive, and may be screened for retrospective research and/or educational (in no case commercial) purposes in the various screenings that might take place later after. Medrar will not screen to public, give, sell or rent copies to other institutions or private persons interested without written consent by the producer of the Video.
- Videos with narration in languages other than English and Arabic should have English subtitles.
- The submission of the application form designates the acceptance of the terms and conditions of the participation in the Fifth Cairo Video Festival, and the participant confirms that he or she holds all rights to the submitted material or has the permission of the legal owner of the rights to the submitted material (pictures, sounds, texts).
- Videos missing the festival application form will not be regarded for the entry.
- Video files should be uploaded to www.wetransfer.com and pasted the download link inside the online application form (we advice you to issue the upload online process before you start filling in the application form)
- Please note that the uploaded files will stay on the Wetransfer server for maximum 2 weeks. So, we urge you to submit the application form once you receive the download link.
- Please submit your videos as only screening copies in the best available quality (HD if available), accepted formats: avi, .mov, .mpeg, .mkv, .mp4, .vob
Snail Mail Submissions
- All snail mail deliveries must be sent with a custom declaration on the package stating the following: "For Temporary, Cultural Purposes Only. No Commercial Value"
- Shipping expenses of incoming deliveries are to be paid by the entrant. This also applies to copies forwarded from other festivals, in which case the applying parties must make the appropriate arrangements with the relevant festivals.
- Please confirm the shipment by writing to us: email@example.com
- Please submit your videos as only screening copies in the best available quality (HD if available), Accepted formats: avi, .mov, .mpeg, .mkv, .mp4, .vob (DVD-Video) along with information about the video in a sealed envelope to:
Medrar for contemporary art
7 Gamal Abu El-Mahassen Street, Garden City, Cairo, Egypt
Postal Code: 11519
30. Juni 2013
Medrar for Contemporary Art ruft dazu auf, sich um die Teilnahme am 5. internationalen Videofestival zu bewerben.
Deadline: 30. Juni 2013