For an optimal view of our website, please rotate your tablet horizontally.
The grants support artists (individuals, collaborations, or collectives) to develop their practice. Among other activities, the grants can be used to pursue threads of research, stage an event, make new work, publish, travel, take part in a residency or workshop, or present an exhibition or performance. The grants can cover part or all of the proposed activity or project. Approximately ten grants are awarded each calendar year, with an average value of 5000 euros. Applications are due twice per year, on April 1 and October 1, and results are communicated within four weeks of these dates. Mophradat’s staff work with two or more external advisors to select grant recipients. The advisors’ names are published after grant recipients are announced.
- Applicants must come from the field of contemporary arts (all disciplines are welcome).
- Applicants must be primarily engaged with artistic concerns and aim toward high artistic merit.
- Activities or projects can take place anywhere in the world, but must be by artists or arts practitioners from or living in the Arab World, and/or engaged with the Arab World.
- The proposal must be achievable and completed within twelve months of the grant submission deadline.
- Applications to attend degree-based study programs (such as MAs or PhDs) are out of the grant program’s scope and will not be considered.
Applications can ONLY be submitted in English or Arabic.
Next Deadlines: 1 April & 1 October, every year
Mophradat aisbl is a Belgian association and its office is in Brussels. It was founded in 2004 as the Young Arab Theatre Fund (YATF), and in 2015 changed its name to better accommodate and reflect its evolving mandate and scope of activity.
Mai Abu ElDahab
Office and Grants Coordinator:
Grants for artists
1 April & 1 October, every year.