For an optimal view of our website, please rotate your tablet horizontally.
From a record number of submissions, five artists have been chosen as winners of the third edition of the Abraaj Capital Art Prize. They will work for the next six months to create their new artworks which will be unveiled during Art Dubai in March 2011, before becoming a permanent part of the Abraaj Capital Art Collection.
The 2011 winners are:
* 1976 Kuwait; Pakistani origin. Lives in Islamabad, Pakistan, and Boston, USA.
* 1966 Kirkuk, Iraq. Lives in London, United Kingdom.
* 1974 London, UK; lives there and in Pakistan.
* 1978 Tunis, Tunisia. Lives in Berlin, Germany.
* 1972 Berlin, Germany; lives there. Iranian background.
Sharmini Pereira (Sri Lanka/UK) has been appointed as Guest Curator for 2011 and will be working closely with the artists; supervising the production of the artworks, their display at Art Dubai and the publishing of the annual catalogue.
Information and images in Nafas and UiU: