The Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes from Mexico and Ex Teresa Arte Actual
call for submissions for the International Video Performance Festival:
- The call is open to artists any age and nationality, residing in Mexico or not.
- The participants can present two works at the most (per person) in Multi-region DVD format, produced at least in 2006 and that belong to the video-performance category. Performance papers will not be accepted.
- The maximum length of each video must be less than 7 minutes.
- The card of inscription and the curatorial proposal are available to download in the Muestra Internacional de Performance website www.exteresaperformance.blogspot.com and in www.exteresaarteactual.blogspot.com. This card must be append to the works, containing the requested information. (Author name, work’s title, age, complete address, telephone number and e-mail).
- The works together with its card of inscription may be sent by mail or courier service, duly labeled and protected, to the following address: Lic. Verdad No. 8, col. Centro Histórico. Delegación Cuauhtémoc. México DF, CP. 06060. From 10:00 to 18:00 hrs. Works delivered by electronic and digital means will not be received.
- The works will be received from the publication date of this summons and until the 20th August 2008, at 18:00 hours.
- In no case the works received will be gave back, this is because all of these will become part of the Centro de Documentación de Ex Teresa Arte Actual (CDXT) cultural heritage.
- The exhibition of the selected works will be performed in the frame of the XIII Muestra Internacional de Performance “Accidentes Controlados” at Ex Teresa Arte Actual from the month of November 2008 and until the last days of February 2009.
- The jury will be formed by accredited and authorized experts of the area. Their names will be published at the same time with the results at the Muestra Internacional de Performance website and the selected artists will be notify by e-mail or by phone this September 12th 2008.
- The participation in the contest imply the entire approval of the bases and rules.
Any situation not considered in this summons will be solved by the jury of the Festival, in accordance with Ex Teresa Arte Actual.
More information and submission forms:
Coordinator: Edith Medina
(From the press release)