For an optimal view of our website, please rotate your tablet horizontally.
Built by the architect Sedad Hakkı Eldem in the scope of an urban revitalisation project between 1957 and 1958, Antrepo No. 4 is a former cargo warehouse on the Bosphorus. It was designed as a part of a larger Galata pier complex by the Turkish Maritime Organisation.
In 2003, the 8,000 square-meter warehouse was transformed into a contemporary museum building, opened to the public in 2004. The pier continues to serve as Istanbul's main port.
The ground floor as well as the façade facing the Bosphorus are venues of the 14th Istanbul Biennial.
(From press information)
All the participants at this venue:
Vernon Ah Kee
Artıkişler Kolektifi (Özge Çelikaslan, Alper Şen)
Annie Besant & Charles Leadbeater
Bedri Rahmi Eyüboğlu
Karl von Frisch
Gumuk Gumana, Mundukul Marawili, Mawalan Marika, Wandjuk Marika & Mawalan Marika, Wonggu Mununggurr, Munggurrawuy Yunupingu
Richard Ibghy & Marilou Lemmens
Millirrpum, Djalalingba, Diambalipu, Djayila, Dundiwuy, Dhuygala, Raijyin, Manuna, Larrakan, Wulanybuma, Wawunymarra, Nyabilingu
Giuseppe Pellizza da Volpedo
Vilayanur S. Ramachandran
Santiago Ramón y Cajal
Raimondo Tommaso D’Aronco
Wonggu Mununggurr, Natjialma, Maw' & Dhangatji Mununggurr
A visual tour through 24 of the 36 venues of 14th Istanbul Biennial presenting a selection of artworks and projects by 58 participants.