Arcos en Isla, Senglea
[Translate to ES:]
Located on the peninsula of Senglea (Isla) in the Grand Harbor, the complex forms part of a small network of social housing blocks that were built following Malta’s Independence in 1964. The blocks line the Dockyard Terrace in Isla, overlooking the prestigious Birgu waterfront and Fort St. Angelo.
Walking along these arches, one can reach Gardjola Gardens at the tip of the Senglea Peninsula. They were commissioned by Grandmaster De la Sengle in 1551, who proposed the inclusion of a guard tower at the edge of the bastions. This tower, called il-Gardjola, has become a symbol of Isla.