Para la mejor vista de nuestra página web, use su dispositivo en forma horizontal.
The western part (in the foreground) had been found in 1905 by Sulayman Sunna, then the property owner. In 1982, the eastern section was was located by Michele Piccirillo under the floor of the vestibule of the Church of the Virgin Mary.
The mosaic decorated a rich mansion of 6th century Byzantine Madaba. Due to stylistic parallels it was dated to the Justinian period (527-565).
Hippolytus Hall ►
© Photo: Haupt & Binder
Eastern section: Exhibition of mosaics, Hippolytus Hall, Virgin Mary Church, Crypt of St. Elianus, Roman Street, the Madaba Institute for Mosaic Art and Restoration.