© Photo: Haupt & Binder

English Complex

The Anglican Church Complex is composed of two groups of buildings on two levels. The lower one includes the Church of the Good Shepherd, built in the 1920s, and the Sunday School, the oldest on the site, probably from 1873, when the Anglican mission was established in As-Salt; and the priest's residence, all built around an open yard. The upper level contains the three-storey English Hospital (1904-1905) and the small two-storey block of the doctors’ residence (1921-1923).

© Photo: Haupt & Binder

Recommendations for cultural travellers: Contemporary art, art history, architecture, design, cultural heritage

Web guide, including informative photo tours with interactive maps and special presentations of venues, sites, events

Jordan Tourism BoardIn cooperation with the
Jordan Tourism Board

Logo Logo Hacia arriba