For an optimal view of our website, please rotate your tablet horizontally.
It’s Not You, It’s Me
* 1982 Dubai, United Arab Emirates; lives there.
Curator: Tirdad Zolghadr
Freelance curator, critic, filmmaker. * 1973, lives in Zürich, Switzerland, and Tehran, Iran.
Commissioner: Dr. Lamees Hamdan
Member of the Board of Directors of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority.
As the organizers announced, the first ever UAE pavilion at a Venice Biennale will highlight a "World Fair" theme that will incorporate various components:
- work by Lamya Gargash
- a documentation-performance of the announcing press conference for the UAE National Pavilion in Venice by the Jackson Pollock Bar (Germany)
- a Kiosk by Hannah Hurtzig (Germany), featuring conversations with 5 key figures in the cultural panorama of the UAE
- a (digital) showroom of work by several UAE artists, including Hassan Sharif, Tarek Al-Ghoussein, Ebtisam AbdulAziz, and Huda Saeed Saif
- scenography reminiscent of the World Fair tradition, including text panels and architectural models of UAE arts infrastructure
Internat. Architecture Exhibition, 29 August - 29 Nov. 2020. Curator: Hashim Sarkis.
59th International Art Exhibition, May - Nov. 2021. Artistic Director: Cecilia Alemani.
Photo tours and information: Contemporary arts, cultural heritage, archaeological sites