For an optimal view of our website, please rotate your tablet horizontally.
Giardino delle Vergini,
Magazzino delle Cisterne
To See a World in a Grain of Sand
(Jian Wei Zhi Zhu 见微知著)
6 June - 22 November 2009
* 1963 Handan, Hebei Province, China. Lives in Beijing, China.
* 1967 Nanbu, Sichuan Province, China. Lives in Beijing, China.
* 1968 Yunnan Province, China. Lives in Beijing, China.
* 1976 Changzhou Jiangsu Province, China. Lives in Beijing, China.
* 1969 Zhangzhou, Fujian Province, China. Lives in Beijing and Hangzhou, China.
* 1964 Wuhan, China. Lives in Beijing, China.
* 1963 Kunming, Yunnan Province, China. Lives in Beijing, China.
Curators: Lu Hao, Zhao Li
The theme and title of the Chinese Pavilion To See a World in a Grain of Sand comes from the translation of a Chinese idiom derived from the classic text by scholar and philosopher, Han Fei Zi•Shuo Lin Shang, signifying that trends in the future can be gleaned from the development from a tiny detail. Representing the realisation of a new value system the derivatives of which will continue to expand in the future, the exhibition will show Chinese society’s integration within the historical process into the multiplex, shifting and interdependent international order, demonstrate the vitality of China in her modernisation process and symbolise the differing charms of the Chinese way in a new context.
(From a Press release)
China Arts & Entertainment Group
24 exhibitions and pavilions, focused mainly on Asia and Latin America.
Internat. Architecture Exhibition, 22 May - 21 November 2021. Curator: Hashim Sarkis.
59th International Art Exhibition, 23 April - 27 November 2022. Curator: Cecilia Alemani.