For an optimal view of our website, please rotate your tablet horizontally.
Beach Road Nr. 20
A cluster of colonial buildings located along Beach Road (close to the famous Raffles Hotel): Blocks 1, 9 and 14 within the Former Beach Road Camp, the Non-Commissioned Officers' Club Building and the Former Beach Road Police Station building. All were given conservation status in 2002. The Beach Road Camp is synonymous with the history of the Singapore Volunteers Corps, and it was also the site for the first National Service enlistment in 1967. Blocks 1, 9 and 14 were built in the 1930s in Art Deco style. The NCO Club building, designed by Palmer and Turner, and built in 1952-53, is a hybrid of Art Deco and modern style. The Former Beach Road Police Station, built in 1931, is a simple 3-storey Art Deco building.
Scheduled to reopen by 2012, South Beach is being promoted as the "revolutionary New Eco-Quarter in Singapore". It will feature two towers of up to 45 storeys, including four revitalised historic buildings, with office and retail space, luxury hotels, and exclusive city residences.
(Press information from the organizer)
All photos, video clips, texts, translations, maps and other contents on this website are protected by copyright.