Inaugurated in 1938, the Museo de Artes Plásticas Eduardo Sívori is dedicated to Argentine art. Its name honors the artist Eduardo Sívori (Buenos Aires, 1847 - 1918), one of the great masters of Realism.
The museum's collection comprises more than 4,000 artworks from the 19th century to the present, exhibited in temporary shows, together with artworks of contemporary artists.
The collection includes the Acquisition Prizes of the Salón Belgrano for Painting, Sculpture and Printmaking, organized yearly by the Sívori, together with the Ministry of Culture of the city of Buenos Aires since 1945.
The building it occupies since 1996 was the dairy barn of the cottage belonging to the governor of Buenos Aires, Juan Manuel de Rosas, in the 19th century, converted into a restaurant after the establishment of the Tres de Febrero Park (the green lung of the city known as Bosques de Palermo). Across the street of the Museum is Palermo's famous rose garden surrounded by a lake and acres of parkland.
In 2017, after the building's refurbishment and renovation of its museography, the Museo Sívori reopened with the exhibition "Tierra. Caos y Germen. Colección Sívori", curated by its director Teresa Riccardi, showing a selection of 150 works from the beginning of the 20th century until today.