The grants support artists (individuals, collaborations, or collectives) to develop their practice. Among other activities, the grants can be used to pursue threads of research, stage an event, make new work, publish, travel, take part in a residency or workshop, or present an exhibition or performance. The grants can cover part or all of the proposed activity or project. Approximately ten grants are awarded each calendar year, with an average value of 5000 euros. Applications are due twice per year, on April 1 and October 1, and results are communicated within four weeks of these dates. Mophradat’s staff work with two or more external advisors to select grant recipients. The advisors’ names are published after grant recipients are announced.
- Applicants must come from the field of contemporary arts (all disciplines are welcome).
- Applicants must be primarily engaged with artistic concerns and aim toward high artistic merit.
- Activities or projects can take place anywhere in the world, but must be by artists or arts practitioners from or living in the Arab World, and/or engaged with the Arab World.
- The proposal must be achievable and completed within twelve months of the grant submission deadline.
- Applications to attend degree-based study programs (such as MAs or PhDs) are out of the grant program’s scope and will not be considered.
Applications can ONLY be submitted in English or Arabic.
Next Deadlines: 1 April & 1 October, every year
Mophradat aisbl ist eine belgische Assoziation mit Hauptquartier in Brüssel.
2004 als Young Arab Theatre Fund (YATF) gegründet,
Namenswechsel erfolgte 2015.
Mai Abu ElDahab
1. April & 1. Oktober, jährlich.