Für eine optimale Ansicht unserer Website drehen Sie Ihr Tablet bitte horizontal.
The Abbara program was launched in 2011 in response to the socio-political events unfolding in many countries of the Arab region in order to support independent cultural organisations as key actors in the processes of democratic transformation.
The program supports and empowers independent cultural institutions in playing a central and sustainable role in fostering values of freedom, respect for artistic creativity and critical thinking, and the acceptance of diversity. Additionally, the program supports these independent cultural organizations in performing their basic role as providers of cultural and artistic services to the different sectors of society. To achieve its mission, the Abbara program provides targeted support to the institutionalization process of its beneficiaries. A strengthened administrative and organizational structure of program beneficiaries is the key outcome of the program.
– To enhance the administrative and organisational efficacy of independent cultural organisations/ initiatives, with a focus on ensuring their long-term stability and sustainability.
– To empower independent cultural organisations/ initiatives in effectively playing a role in the public sphere, and in disseminating values of freedom, respect for artistic creativity and critical thinking, and tolerance through providing targeted support in key areas such as audience-building and cultural programming, communication and promotion, and strategic positioning.
– To create an informal network for program participants as a means to increasing the exchange of expertise and knowledge, and a stimulus to develop and implement joint projects that address issues of common interest.
Deadline: 22 July 2016, 24:00 Beirut time
Das von Culture Resource getragene Programm unterstüzt kulturelle Initiativen in der arabischen Region.
22. July 2016
Internat. Architekturausstellung, 22. Mai - 21. November 2021. Kurator: Hashim Sarkis.
59. Internat. Kunstausstellung, 23. April - 27. November 2022. Künstl. Leitung: Cecilia Alemani.
18. Juni - 25. September 2022. ruangrupa, Kollektiv von Künstlerinnen und Künstlern.