Für eine optimale Ansicht unserer Website drehen Sie Ihr Tablet bitte horizontal.
Initiated by the Cairo-based artist initiative Medrar for Contemporary Art in 2005, this festival continues its focus on providing a platform for sharing and discussing newly produced high concept/low-budget experimental videos and films. Based on a call for works by emerging artists, the festival program takes the format of a concise series of video screenings, accompanied by talks and discussions with active video-makers and curators to tackle some of the key themes and issues presented in the works.
Guidelines and conditions
- Individuals, groups, curators or associations are invited to participate
- The number of entries by one author is limited to three works
- Documentary, feature or commercial videos are not accepted
- Videos should be produced after January 2011, and no longer than 30 min of duration
- Attach 3 high resolution video stills for each submitted film
- Screening of the submitted videos should not have any specific recommended format of installation
- The festival does neither offers screening fees, nor does it request any entry charges from applicants
- A committee appointed by the festival organizers will make the selection
- All applicants will be notified of the status of their applications via email by 15 August 2014
- The organizing crew has the right to use the participating data within all promotional means and publications, with reserved copyrights
- All works submitted will be included in the festival’s video archive, and may be screened for retrospective research and/or educational (in no case commercial) purposes in the various screenings that might take place later. Medrar will not screen to public, give, sell or rent copies to other institutions or private persons interested without written consent by the producer of the video
- Videos with narration in languages other than English and Arabic should have English or Arabic subtitles
- Videos missing the festival application form will not be regarded for entry
- The submission of the application form designates the acceptance of the terms and conditions of participation in the 6th Cairo Video Festival, and a declaration that the applicant holds all rights to the submitted material or has the permission of the legal owner of the rights to the submitted material (pictures, sounds, texts)
Medrar for Contemporary Art ruft dazu auf, sich um die Teilnahme am 6. internationalen Videofestival zu bewerben.
Deadline: 15. Juni 2014
Internat. Architekturausstellung, 29. August - 29. November 2020. Kurator: Hashim Sarkis.
59. Internat. Kunstausstellung, Mai - November 2021. Künstl. Leitung: Cecilia Alemani.