Für eine optimale Ansicht unserer Website drehen Sie Ihr Tablet bitte horizontal.
AFAC sucht aussagestarke grafische Entwürfe und Slogans zur Vermittlung der Botschaft \"Warum Kultur?\" Deadline: 31. Mai 2013Mai 2013
Why is culture important? What role does culture play in your lives as individuals and as members of a community? Some of the most profound, invigorating, and challenging moments are experienced while we consume art or take part to a cultural event. There are those who believe that arts and culture need to address the burning and relevant issues of the day and those who hold arts and culture as a space apart - a non-temporal expression that should not succumb to the pressures of current event. Some value culture as an important part of economic development while others say it is a stand-alone unquantifiable human activity. Some highlight art as a reflection of community while others insist that art is an individual expression of universal value, not to be categorized by collective labels. The intriguing pull of cultural production is an ongoing discussion open to many interpretations… Why is culture important to you?
Calling on your creativity, humor and wit, AFAC invites you to submit a compelling graphic design and slogan in an innovative poster that delivers a message on why culture matters.
How can you participate?
- The competition is open to the wider public as well as to artists, illustrators and graphic designers.
- You are required to submit a poster design that features the question ‘Why Culture?’ and includes a slogan statement in a clever, thoughtful, innovative or resonating response supported by an intriguing visual design.
- Entries can be submitted in Arabic, French or English, in slang, colloquial or standard language.
- The poster needs to be submitted in an Adobe illustrator file.
- Dimensions should be compatible with a 200×300 centimeters print.
- Entries will be accepted until May 31st 2013.
- Send your submission to the email address: email@example.com
- Two poster-designers will receive awards: AFAC’s Why Culture Voter’s Selection and AFAC’s Why Culture Jury’s Selection.
What happens after that?
- The most original and resonating posters will be selected by AFAC and announced to the public on June 7th, when the AFAC Why Culture Poster Competition will go live on AFAC’s Facebook page for open vote.
- Voting will be held over a period of one week and closes on the end of the day June 13th .
- On June 14th, the poster with the most Facebook likes will be declared the winner of AFAC’s Why Culture Voter’s Selection competition. An in-house evaluation by AFAC will declare the winner of AFAC’s Why Culture Jury’s Selection competition. The two winners will receive an award of $1,000 each.
- The short-listed and winning posters will be displayed in an exhibition and/or published in a wide media campaign, giving recognition to the designers and refreshing awareness of arts and culture in society.
- The authors/designers of the two winning posters will be flown to attend an AFAC-event and acknowledged for their design.
Important notice: If you submit your design to this competition, you agree to allow AFAC usage of the poster – in part or in full - as part of AFAC’s communications, fundraising and cultural advocacy work. This may include, and is not limited to, usage in brochures, events, online and hardcopy publications, all of which will include acknowledgments of the author.
AFAC sucht aussagestarke grafische Entwürfe und Slogans zur Vermittlung der Botschaft "Warum Kultur?"
Deadline: 31. Mai 2013