Für eine optimale Ansicht unserer Website drehen Sie Ihr Tablet bitte horizontal.
The MEPPI Initiative
The Arab Image Foundation, the Art Conservation Department at the University of Delaware, The Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Getty Conservation Institute are partners in the Middle East Photograph Preservation Initiative (MEPPI), a strategic initiative to promote the preservation and awareness of photograph collections in the broad Middle East, from North Africa and the Arab Peninsula through Western Asia. Portions of this project are supported by a generous grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
The initiative has three interconnected components:
- The MEPPI Survey: a collection survey to assess and identify significant photograph holdings across the Arab World, Turkey, Iran and Afghanistan
- The MEPPI Courses: a series of three courses that will train personnel responsible for the care of photographic collections in the region.
- The MEPPI Symposium: a symposium focusing on the photographic heritage of the broader Middle East for regional policy- and decision-makers.
MEPPI courses are designed to provide basic theoretical and practical training in the care of a broad range of photographic materials found in the collections of museums, libraries, archives and other repositories. The courses deliver learning and hands-on experience in both classroom and workplace settings. They carefully combine theoretical and practical training to inspire a deeper understanding of photographic materials and processes, their deterioration mechanisms, and appropriate strategies for their long-term preservation. International representation among course participants fosters the exchange of ideas, philosophies, and preservation techniques, and strengthens connections between professionals for continued future interactions. MEPPI has trained over 30 collections keepers to date through courses in Beirut (2011) and Abu Dhabi (2012). MEPPI Amman 2014 will be the final course in this series.
There are no fees for attending the workshop or for participating in the mentoring and follow-up meeting. Travel, lodging, and per diem for the workshop and final meeting may be subsidized based on demonstrated institutional financial need. Funding requests will be reviewed individually.
Aufruf zur Bewerbung um die Teilnahme an Kursen für die Konservierung von Fotos in Amman 2014.
Deadline: 19. August 2013
Datum der Workshop:
20. - 28. Januar 2014
Ort der Workshops:
Nationalbibliothek von Jordanien in Amman
Mentorenschaft aus der Distanz:
Februar - September 2014
Internat. Architekturausstellung, 22. Mai - 21. November 2021. Kurator: Hashim Sarkis.
59. Internat. Kunstausstellung, 23. April - 27. November 2022. Künstl. Leitung: Cecilia Alemani.
18. Juni - 25. September 2022. ruangrupa, Kollektiv von Künstlerinnen und Künstlern.