Für eine optimale Ansicht unserer Website drehen Sie Ihr Tablet bitte horizontal.
Call for applications for a 6-months residency with Sextant et Plus. Deadline extended: 24 Dec. 2010.Dez 2010
Created by the Foundation of the company Logirem and implemented by Sextant et Plus, a French non-profit organisation for the production and the development of contemporary art exhibitions and projects, this residency offers to a professional artist an interesting ground of human and artistic experiences.
The artist will be accompanied by the team of Sextant et Plus in his/her creation process and have a studio at his/her disposal that will be located at the core of the inner city area of La Bricarde (15th borough of Marseille). In fact, the area of La Bricarde offers a panorama on the city of Marseille and is composed of interesting elements that can influence the nature of the artistic proposal.
The project is developed in partnership with the Logirem Fondation, Logirem, the Regional Fund for Contemporary art of the region Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, the Regional Direction for Contemporary Art Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur/Ministry of Culture, the Bouches-du-Rhône Department, the City of Marseille and Marseille 2013, European Cultural Capital.
The residency is planned for 6 months and will take place from March 2011 to September 2011.
Aims of the residency:
- creating and integrating a permanent artwork within La Bricarde’s council estate blocks. The artwork will be the visible achievement of the work accomplished during the residency, the reflections lead about the territory and the links weaved with the inhabitants.
- improving the local cultural and artistic life and rising the awareness of the inhabitants about contemporary art.
- engaging the collaborators of Logirem into a sensitive and participative relationship with contemporary art
- approaching the project as a continuation or a reaction to the first step of the residency (2008/2009) conducted by artist Yazid Oulab
The artist will be accompanied by the organisation Sextant et Plus. An outlet venue of Sextant et Plus within the area of La Bricarde will allow to weave these links and to develop these dynamics.
- the artist will receive a fee of 9000 € for the whole residency project
- the artist will be provided with a studio (outlet venue of Sextant et plus within La Bricarde)
- the artist will benefit of 6000 € maximum for the purchase of equipment
- the artist agrees on giving up his/her copyrights on the artwork after the residency. S/he agrees on the fact that the artwork might be appropriated in the future by the organisation in order to leave a trace and a memory.
The applications includes:
- a portfolio or an artistic folder allowing to assess the ability of the applicant for handling the project
- a statement demonstrating the interest of the artist for getting involved within the specific territory of La bricarde and in relation with the inhabitants and the collaborators of Logirem
Applications from international artists must be sent by post or by e-mail (PDF) before the 24th of December 2010:
Sextant et Plus
La cité des curiosités’ project
La Friche la Belle de Mai
41 rue Jobin
Information can be requested to Bérénice Saliou:
Tel: +33 (0) 4.95.04.95.94
Call for applications for "La cité des curiosités", a 6-months residency with Sextant et Plus, Marseille, France
Deadline extended for international artists only:
24 Dec. 2010