Für eine optimale Ansicht unserer Website drehen Sie Ihr Tablet bitte horizontal.
A shelter designed by Ammar Khammash protects the basilica of 23.5 m x ca.15.3 m, with the main nave and two aisles.
The eastern part (above) with the presbytery and the three rooms where Manfredi discovered the inscription with the date of completition has been destroyed after 1902. Now three mosaic fragments found on the Acropolis are shown there.
The central nave with the large mosaic carpet is 6 m wide. More information on the following pages.
© Photo: Haupt & Binder
A magnificent mosaic floor, created in 578, not disfigured by iconoclasts. In the center it has the famous medallion with a personification of the Sea.