Für eine optimale Ansicht unserer Website drehen Sie Ihr Tablet bitte horizontal.
The house was built by Abdel Rahman al Aqrouq for Yusef Sukkar, a member of a prominent Christian family who moved from Nablus to As-Salt. They were well-known for the development of a market facing the Saha (not in existence anymore).
The Sukkar House (1879-1884) was embellished with glass and floor tiles imported from Jerusalem, and decorated with painted ceilings and elaborate wood balustrades.
Right on the photo, the Sukkar Building, left, the Mouasher Building A and B.
© Photo: Haupt & Binder