A stone shelter protects the archaeological remains and mosaics of the Church of SS Lot and Procopius.
The mosaics were discovered in 1913, during the construction of the house of Ahmad el-Wkhyan. Members of the family guard the place and open it to the visitors.
© Photo, text: Binder & Haupt
Site of the ancient town of Nebo with Byzantine churches, and one of the finest mosaics in Jordan, with daily life depictions, including wine making.