© Photo: Haupt & Binder

Latin Church

The Latin Church, the first Catholic Church in Jordan, includes a monastery, missionary facilities, a private school and several shops. It was designed in 1870 by the French missionary Jean Morétain (1816-1883) and completed in 1886 by Father Giuseppe Gatti (1839-1887), priest of the Latin Patriarchate, with high cross-vaulted ceilings, eight triple rounded columns and Corinthian capitals carved in stone.

© Photo: Haupt & Binder

Recommendations for cultural travellers: Contemporary art, art history, architecture, design, cultural heritage

Web guide, including informative photo tours with interactive maps and special presentations of venues, sites, events

Jordan Tourism BoardIn cooperation with the
Jordan Tourism Board

Logo Logo Back to Top